We must view young people not as empty bottles to be filled, but as candles to be lit.
Robert H. Shaffer

Friday, May 4, 2012

2201 Ipad App Reviews #1

I used an iPhone to look up free educational apps. The first one that I found was SkyView Free. I found it very interesting. I have my daughter playing on it too. Once you follow the instructions on how to calibrate your phone so your location is known, you hold the phone up and it will display constellations, planets, satellites, and even the sun and moon. I would use this in my future classroom to bring the Universe to my students fingertips. This app gives information about the different things they encounter in space. For instance, when you touch on the information for the moon it tells you a person who weighs 160lbs on Earth would weigh 26lbs. on the moon. This could easily be turned into a math lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment