We must view young people not as empty bottles to be filled, but as candles to be lit.
Robert H. Shaffer

Saturday, January 21, 2012

2201 Introduction

Hello, my name is Patty Hornick. I live in Elkins with my husband and two daughters. I am in my senior year and planning to graduate in December 2012 with a degree in Elementary Education. I would like to teach anywhere from first to fifth grade. I believe all children are unique and have potential to excel. Students need to have a safe learning environment where they have the freedom to explore and construct their own knowledge. I think a hands-on approach, with lots of manipulatives and demonstrations, is the best. I feel students can make better connections when they are working with something concrete.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quote! I'm glad you recognize the importance of providing students with concrete learning experiences!

    ReplyDelete